I love spices. One of the pre-requisites for my kitchen is an ample, preferably overflowing cupboard of spices. Wherever you want to go culinarily, you need spices! It’s just gotta happen. Plain ol’ Italian Herbs don’t work for every dish.
I also love spice blends. They give you the opportunity to waltz into someone else’s kitchen and try their very favorite spice mix. Personally, my spice blend would be overflowing with sage and ground mustard. Others like it hot.
People like Chad Baker of Baker’s Bark like it right in between. I found Baker’s Bark on Etsy while searching for interest spice blends. His called out to the beer lover in me since it’s made with dehydrated craft beer.
Yes, there is beer in this blend.
I was sold immediately. I *had* to try this combo! I could imagine it on everything. From barbecue to breakfast, it would be perfect.
Fortunately, Chad felt the same way. He was incredibly generous and sent me two containers of the stuff! I decided to keep one for myself and to share the second with one lucky reader!
What I love about Baker’s Bark:
- It’s from Griffin, Georgia, a small town near where my family lives.
- It has beer (duh).
- It’s a small production made with quality ingredients
- The spices are perfectly balanced. It’s spicy, but not overbearing.
- There’s a nice tart lemoniness that pairs incredibly well with chicken, pork, and seafood.
- It’s ideal for grilling.
- The spices never overpower. It’s not too salty, not too spicy, not too powdery.
- The beer adds extra depth of flavor and is very aromatic.
My Dad and I have been trying this spice blend out in a variety of ways. From rotisserie chicken to roasted potatoes, we’ve tried it all!
Here’s one of my favorite ways. I think this should probably called “Beer for Breakfast Spicy Potatoes.” Indulge your inner lush with a hearty meal!
Baker’s Bark “Beer for Breakfast” Spicy Potato Omelet Recipe
Celebrate beer for breakfast with these spicy and flavorful roasted potatoes and eggs! Either serve with additional sides to feed multiple people, or use this recipe for a delicious solo breakfast. Enjoy your eggs!
- 1 large shallot, slivered
- 1 tsp of Baker’s Bark (or more to taste)
- 1 medium potato, finely diced (I used red potatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs sour cream
- shredded cheese (however much you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter or your favorite cooking oil on a skillet to medium heat. Once heated, add slivered shallot. Be sure not to burn!
- Sweat the shallots with part of the teaspoon of Baker’s Bark. I also added a pinch of salt.
- Then, throw in the diced potato. You may want to add a little more oil if it’s beginning to dry.
- Slowly cook the potato and shallot mix so that you get a nice color, but so that the potatoes are cooked through. Add the rest of the Baker’s Bark teaspoon to draw out more flavor. This can take a while (10-15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs and sour cream in a bowl. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, add the egg mixture over top. Shake the pan to spread the mix around.
- Turn the heat down to low-medium, and cover with a lid. This will allow the egg to cook thoroughly by the steam without burning the shallots and potatoes. Cook for probably 10 minutes (I’m terrible at times).
- Once the eggs start to cook through, sprinkle shredded cheese. I used probably 1/4 of a cup. Add the cover again and allow the egg to cook all the way.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 1-2 people
Now for the fun part! I’m setting up this giveaway to run for 1 week. There are many ways to enter, so please take your pick!
This giveaway is available for US residents only (sorry!). The winner will receive 1 container of Baker’s Bark spice rub, shipped by me (Rachael) as soon as the winner responds.
I will pick one winner in a week, and will notify them through email and social media (if provided). If I cannot reach the winner within 48 hours, I will move on to another individual who also has 48 hours to respond.
If you have any problems at all, please contact me immediately at email@example.com.
These products were provided to me free of charge from Baker’s Bark. I was in no way obligated to write a review, let alone a positive one. This giveaway is not sponsored by Baker’s Bark. I merely decided to share the second tin with a lucky reader!
I wish you the best of luck!
***NOTE: If the widget below is not showing up or working, please enter the giveaway through this link.***
Sign up for our newsletter!
- New to Vitacost.com? Use this link to get $10 off a $30+ purchase as my referral. Even better, they'll reward me with a $10 credit, too!