It’s a seed. Condiment. Ingredient. Parable.
Some of us absolutely love mustard while others can’t stand its often astringent taste.
There are countless varieties. From bright yellow (made with turmeric and vinegar), delicious Dijon, whole seeds, and powder, this tiny seed is abundant and malleable.
Personally, I’m a mustard fiend. I always said it was because of my deep German roots, but that could be totally untrue. I like all kinds of mustards in all different applications. Give me a nice big bottle of yellow, and I’ll douse baked potatoes and sauerkraut. It’s kind of weird, but I like it.
I’m also a huge fan of ground mustard with ground sage in soups, roasts, and my mouth. They’re so perfect together!
Find a way to incorporate mustard of absolutely any variety in your cooking by February 28. Then, post a picture on Facebook and/or your blog. If blogging, please include the icon below and link it to the APP homepage.
Need a little inspiration? Here are 10 recipes to get your juices going!
- 6 DIY Mustards from Sunset
- Dijon Mustard Chicken Fricassee
- Mustard Soup (yes, it’s a real thing)
- Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze by Bobby Flay
- Lemon Glazed Mustard Spiced Coffee Cake by Gypsy World Spice Cafe
- Spicy Mustard Shrimp
- Cheddar, Beer, and Mustard Pull-Apart Bread by Smitten Kitchen
- Cheese and Mustard Straws by BBC
- Broccoli Gratin with Mustard-Cheese Streusel by Bon Appetit
- Soft Mustard Molasses Cookies by Gourmet
Not a blogger? Simply share your image on The Aliso Kitchen’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Plus pages!
What if I finish before the 28th? Post whenever, just be sure to add #APP or “Adventurous Palate” in the title.
Where can I find different mustard products?Check the image below for different items from Amazon.
Who can participate? Anyone! APP is open to absolutely all people.
Do I need to have been part of the voting process to participate? Not at all! Just use the product for this month (mustard). If you would like to be part of the voting process for next month, please register in the box below.
If you have any questions or concerns about the voting process or program, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here for you!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- New to Vitacost.com? Use this link to get $10 off a $30+ purchase as my referral. Even better, they'll reward me with a $10 credit, too!